Feeling let down - covid payout

Claire-and-Billy0
Level 2
Haiku-Pauwela, HI

Feeling let down - covid payout

Yesterday I was alerted that I would be getting a payout of just over $1300 for covid related cancellations. Today I received a payout of just over $300 as several covid related cancellations were subtracted from the original amount. It was very confusing when guests cancelled due to covid. Sometimes I got a message that that they had been given a full refund and sometimes I was asked to refund the half that Airbnb didn’t refund. I always submitted the full refund as this is what we have been told to do by Airbnb. Now they are taking those partial refunds I agreed to out of the 1300 I was promised for giving full refunds. 
This is so upsetting, feeling duped when I was so grateful for the 25% goodwill gesture before.

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Claire-and-Billy0  If you got an email saying you'll receive $1300, then hopefully that's what you'll receive. They aren't sending the $ for all the reservations at once- they are staggered. I guess you'll just have to wait and see if more comes.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Claire-and-Billy0 ,

Yes, as @Sarah977 , there is some staggering to the payments as there is massive amount to go through but rest assured we are in the thick of the distributions. More detail here:

When will payments come out?

We started sending support payments late last week, and some of you may have seen payments in your accounts. 

Our original goal was to get the first batch of payments out by mid-April and unfortunately, we're running slightly behind. We know how important these payments are, and we’re sorry. We’re working as hard as we can to get back on track.

Why haven’t I received my payment?

We originally planned to have the first batch of support payments sent in mid-April, which would cover eligible reservations through April 8. We’ve started to send payments, but unfortunately some of them have been delayed. We’re working as hard as we can to get back on track, and we hope to have the first batch sent by 5/1. 

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Melanie275
Level 2
Ben Lomond, CA

Airbnb 25% Covid Cancellation Payout Airbnb dishonestly

Melanie275 in
Ben Lomond, CA
Level 2
2 seconds ago

Airbnb lowered my booking rate on all 8 of my reservations that qualified for the 25% Covid cancellation, in order to pay less then committed. I sent Airbnb snap shots of my original booking rates the guests paid, along with snap shots of the rates Airbnb lowered my bookings to, without my authorization. I spent 2 months contacting Airbnb support and was finally told that a case manager would be reaching out to me to proviide me with accurate records and compensation. Another month went by, while I continued to attempt to reach out to support.
Now, Airbnb is telling me there is nothing they can do to provide me with accurate records, (for tax write off purposes) and the compensation Airbnb committed to.

Did anyone else experience this issue with Airbnb lowering your original, booking rate, from what the guests actually paid, (without your authorization) In order to compensate you less then committed on the 25% payout? Is this even legal???

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You don't need Airbnb to send you a record , you can see all your cancelled bookings showing on your listing 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/hosting/reservations/canceled

Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you say "airbnb lowered my booking rate'?