Winter Release Q&A session

First-time booking issue

Answered!
Osvaniur0
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

First-time booking issue

Hi, 

I listed a room for $70 a night for up to 4 people. Today someone booked it and it says the person paid $125 for one night. How come? 

Top Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Osvaniur0  If you look at the email you received after the guest booked, you will see a breakdown under “Guest Paid” of the rent, fees and taxes. Guests are informed of the total before they book; they don’t have to complete the transaction if the total is different from what they expected.

There is also the option for the guest to select the “Display Total Price” option when they search. This will display the total before-tax price of the stay, including fees, instead of the per-night rate.

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Osvaniur0  If you look at the email you received after the guest booked, you will see a breakdown under “Guest Paid” of the rent, fees and taxes. Guests are informed of the total before they book; they don’t have to complete the transaction if the total is different from what they expected.

There is also the option for the guest to select the “Display Total Price” option when they search. This will display the total before-tax price of the stay, including fees, instead of the per-night rate.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Osvaniur0 ,

I Hope Pat's response has helped you understand the pricing breakdown.

Adding to this discussion, I am also sharing a few articles below where you can further explore about this breakdown and what guests see : 

👉 How pricing works for a guest 

👉 Displaying total price for guests 

👉 Understand the total guest price and what you’ll earn using price breakdown. 

I hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines