Found a recording device

Found a recording device

I found a recording toilet paper holder that was on in my Airbnb.. what should I do?

7 Replies 7
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

I never heard of such a thing, can't even imagine what it looks like. I had to google it to see if I could find such an item. The only thing that I fould was a toilet paper holder that records messages.

If it is that one, then it is not recording you, it should have a recorded message for you.

If it is not send us a picture, maybe is something else.

If it is something that is recording you in the bathroom take pictures and call airbnb asap.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Jessica1801 

What kind of noises would someone want to record in a toilet? I don't get the whole idea.

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

Maybe she meant this.polaroid-camera-toilet-paper-dispenser-0.jpg

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jessica1801 

Are you talking about something like this??

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.30.16 PM.png

wow @Emilia42  Who would be clueless enough to think that would be a good idea in their Airbnb? I'm just imagining the conversation/thought process behind that decision!

@Colleen253 yeah, really. I have never heard of such a thing so I googled it and came up with the 'Talking TP.' Good thing is that it doesn't actually record on demand. Some people have a twisted  and clueless sense of humor

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Jessica1801 

Teh first thing you should do in my opinion is contact the host for clarification.  you may think it is a recording device - and it may be - and it may not be.   Give the host a chance to respond.  

If however you honestly believe your privacy is being violated adn there is sound and video recording occurring ( which I have to say seems EXTREMELY unlikely via a toilet roll holder) you should contact CS immediately.

I would urge that you are quite sure of your facts before your do this as it could have serious repercussions for the host  and potentially for you if you make a false claim about such a matter.