Fraud

Anna15817
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Fraud

After I booked a place and got the exact address, I saw that the place does not exist (it does not exist on the map and my friend who lives nearby confirmed there is a construction and the house is not yet built). I contacted customer support to report fraud. My question is am I supposed to cancel the booking now or will Airbnb do it later? The booking was non refundable so how do I apply for a refund? How long does it take for booking to review cases like this?

5 Replies 5

@Anna15817 you can cancel as a guest in the meantime, yes you will not be refunded in full as when you cancel a reservation on your end, your Host's cancellation policy will apply. But provide Airbnb support with all relevant details, including the booking confirmation, address discrepancy or the listing address you have, as well as any communication with your host. Airbnb will investigate and, given the circumstances, they can change the cancellation type of the booking on your behalf and provide a refund, even if the booking was non-refundable. Hope this helps! 

I found that if a guest cancels it not the same 'penalty' against them then if the hosts cancels. I have canceled before as a guest and found that it was not reflection on my rating as a guest. (nor as a host if that is part of the algorithm as well)

Now as what the cancelation requirement for the host to refund fully, that I am unable to answer. The non-refundable part of a booking?

I'm haven't  & not sure I would book with a nonrefundable clause. 

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Anna15817 

You didn't mention contacting the Host?  It  could be fraud or it could just  be you were sent the wrong  address.  Before you cancel a non refundable  I would  make sure I am right,

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anna15817, thank you for sharing this situation here—I can imagine this can be quite stressful. I can see that you have received quite a few replies here. Have you heard back from the support team by any chance? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anna15817 message Airbnb with the issue and ask them to cancel with a full refund. this will give you a record if it goes wrong