Generali Insurance "Glitch"

Ashley1951
Level 1
Austin, TX

Generali Insurance "Glitch"

So much for trusting AirBNB and believing their partners would be reputable. I thought my "glitch" was just me. (See the rest in the community). 

Generali provides terrible customer service and does nothing to help customers get their claims paid. I submitted my claim originally that got "stuck" in their system so it never got processed. I provided evidence of my submission and got no explanation for how it happened. They allowed me to resubmit manually, to which they continuously sent me non-descriptive emails for missing information. No one would call me back and when I called, resubmitted additional information multiple times, I was told that my documentation did not meet the specific criteria needed. It had been over 2 months and I had to comb through articles to find what they were asking for after already submitting multiple others with date ranges covering the "6 hour window of closure" they needed specified (for road closure due to weather). Additionally I submitted public safety warnings, but due to policy language, the matter of safety is not actually what matters when paying for insurance. I am still battling to get my claim covered.

1 Reply 1
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Try state insurance commissioner- I believe they are regulated