Guest damage

Brittney130
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Guest damage

My current guest messaged me and said the window’s screen net’s balcony fell. It was completely working before. My question is should I report to Airbnb now? Or wait for them to leave a review first. 

4 Replies 4

If you want to charge the guests then I should inform Airbnb. Better than if they complain before you.

Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Brittney130

It's difficult to know exactly what's wrong if you haven't had a chance to see for yourself. Perhaps you want to wait until the guest has checked out and make sure what's going on, and in this case make double sure that it's really the guest's fault before you try to charge them for it. I'm not following what about the window/net/balcony seems broken, but perhaps it's something that is easily repaired? Or something that isn't broken and can just be put back?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would go over there and see what has happened then you can make an assessment. Des not having it present any sort of safety risk for your guests @Brittney130 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Brittney130, I hope you're doing well.

Have you had a chance to check out our Hosts' advice? What did you decide about the window screen net?

Keep us updated!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad