Guest requesting exception to my cancellation policy now wants full refund.

Answered!
Jane878
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

Guest requesting exception to my cancellation policy now wants full refund.

I'll make this short.    Guest booked for two people for four nights-   we highly screen our guests and approved those two.

-Next day she requests two additional people may be joining them.   I declined that.   She called me on it stating my booking allows for up to four.   I let her know it's my home and I approve guests.   She brought up cancelling at that time. 

Few hrs later she informs me she didn't know it was Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and they can't reserve the ferry they want  to get over here    .. .there are a few but they are quite early (I live on Vancouver Island)   

-If she cancels according to my policy (strict) she gets $600 back, I get $300

-If she gets the entire booking back, (wants an exception)    she gets $1100, I get .01$    Yes.  One cent!   LOL

I told her to cancel and if I can get those dates rebooked I would reiumburse my $300 back to her.  She has ignored that.  

She refuses, and says that she decided to cancel within 12 hours.     (she did not cancel yet and it's 1 1/2 days with her name blocking those dates.

I don't want to be a hard nose but geeeesh.  She is really rubbing me the wrong way here.

Any suggestions?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just let her cancel when she wants and you'll get paid accordingly to your cancellation policy.  @Jane878 

if she wants a voluntary refund just say no. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just let her cancel when she wants and you'll get paid accordingly to your cancellation policy.  @Jane878 

if she wants a voluntary refund just say no.