Guidebook

Anne14216
Level 1
Neenah, WI

Guidebook

I was wondering how to update my guidebook. One of the restaurants that I had in my guidebook recently changed names. I cannot get it to come into my guidebook with the new name. Every time I enter in the address of the place the old name shows up. Is there a way to edit the name? 

10 Replies 10
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Anne14216 , I also have the same problem, but in my case the name is not correct, unfortunately I did not find a way to change it 😕

Hi @Anne14216 

Yes...for some reason Airbnb has removed Host ability to edit the Host guidebook? Not sure why? Perhaps they are getting ready to make changes to the functionality?

Maybe one of the moderators can bring this to the attention of the appropriate team as Hosts need the ability to edit the Guidbook for accuracy and add/remove content. There is no way to do that at the moment @Paula , @Sophia , @Bhumika , @Rebecca 

Ciao @Joan2709,

apparently I can edit photo and description but not the name of the restaurant ...

Andrea

@Andrea6232 Yes...this was noticed by some other Hosts a few weeks ago...not sure what the issue is?

@Joan2709  I think the guide takes the name of the restaurant from Google but it should be editable ...

Andrea

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey everyone, @Anne14216@Andrea6232 & @Joan2709 . Beki here 👋 

Thank you so much for raising this and I did take it away to the Tech team to have a closer look at. 

@Andrea6232's correct and the guidebook objects are dependent on Google. So I've got a couple of questions and then some troubleshooting steps for you to follow: 

Are the names updated on Google?

• If it is not updated on Google, then you'll need to head there to update the content. 

If the name is updated on Google and the issue still persists, please follow these steps: 

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

It was suggested then that you should head to proceed with guidebook > Add to guidebook> Add the new restaurant and also remove the previous restaurant name from your guidebook. 

Please let me know how you get on with these steps, and we can go from there. I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

So, I'm new and creating my guidebook for the first time.  I'm trying to add Kopitiam Malaysia restaurant on Rupert Street in Vancouver, BC, Canada.  When I type "Kopitiam Malaysia", I can see the listing in the autofilled list below.  But as soon as I choose it, the name becomes "Penang Delight Cafe Express".

As I said, it's a brand new account, so it's not going to be a browser issue.

I've double checked Google and it shows the correct name.

I also searched Google for the address and it looks like there was an OLD and CLOSED restaurant with the "Penang Delight" name, but those are on sites like Yelp and Trip Advistor.  Google still shows the correct name.

So what to do?  I think this is a bug in Airbnb!

Hi @Sarah-Hee0 

I would just let it populate with the old name. Then in the description say"

"Now called "Penang Delight Cafe Express"

Betsy262
Level 1
Southbury, CT

Hi Anne,

Were you able to ever update your guidebook? I've been trying to delete a restaurant (it recently closed) and I can't update it or remove it.

Hi @Anne14216 

Found out quite by accident today that if you click the place photo that appears, you will then be able to edit the text or even delete an entry.