Heat/Ac issue

Heat/Ac issue

I have a guest that has the heat on my mini split turned to 86 which is the max temperature. I know that my electricity is going to be very high. and this is really bothering me. Would it be possible to remove the remote control in your opinion? I have the app on my phone and showing me what they have it on. What is the best thing to do in your opinion? I might want my guest to feel comfortable, but at the same time I am doing this to supplement my income, not to have more bills to pay. Would like to hear from you. Again, what’s the best thing to do in your opinion. Thanks!! 

IMG_2924.png

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lina6208 we have  locked thermostats in our apartments. We say what temperature they are set to and invite guests to ask us to change it if they need it hotter (we can do this remotely). No complaints over the last 18 months.

@Robin4 has a smarter solution but then he is/was a heating engineer!

@Lina6208 Email the guests and let them know how to set and not set your thermostat.

You may have a disconnection , check into the vent connections.

Most likely they do not know how to use them. Make sure directions are on the wall near the mini split to avoid this.   We do this in Real Estate when we show homes too.

I will. Thank you very much

They just put the heat to the max which is 86. They knew what they were doing

@Mike-And-Jane0 So basically, you set up to a certain temperature and keep the remote control with you and if they need to change it, they have to get in touch with you correct? Because I am not able to lock it or basically I don’t know how to do it it’s a mini split

@Lina6208 All we have done is fit a lock on the thermostat. We then control everything over the internet. I guess this might not work for your set up

The only way I can do, it is by keeping the remote control with me and change the temperature on my app

@Lina6208 

Am sympathetic with your situation.  
We have those amazing  mini splits too, love them!  They save a lot over central heat, by heating or cooling only the space they are in.

For me, this is one of those things about the hospitality business. To me, that means my guests' comfort and preferences have priority status. If my guests dream winter vacation is 86 degrees, that is what they are paying me to provide.  Perhaps you might try a higher nightly rate  for your place, and let the guests do their thing without stressing? 

I totally agree with you about them feeling very comfortable. But my fee is not too high and honestly I’m spending more on the place that I’m getting as of now. Buying lots of new comforter sets almost every week sheets, towels, I like the place to look new each time I have a guest. My electricity is very high. I just started not too long ago and I have been doing Good so far. I appreciate your feedback. I will probably raise my fee a little bit after a while. Thanks again!