Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Hello

Answered!
Ahmed1000
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Hello

Hello, I am Ahmed from Egypt. In many reservations, Arab guests come and think that they have rented the entire house, although they have reserved one room, and this is explained in detail in the description of the house. After that, they ask me to cancel the reservation on my part, and I cannot do this so that it does not affect my cancellation rate.

Top Answer
Angela3989
Level 5
Milwaukee, WI

Hello @Ahmed1000  You have many listings so not sure which one you are referring to. I see some are rooms for rent, and correctly listed as such. I would suggest using the Scheduled Messages to send each booking an automatic message to confirm that they are aware they have booked a room and not a whole unit. You can ask them to reply to make sure they understand. Then it's also documented within Airbnb in case of any issues later. Best of luck!

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Probably because you have set up your room rentals incorrectly as a rental units @Ahmed1000 

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Ahmed1000 

As @Helen3 says, your listings don't display correctly as rooms. Guests who specifically search for whole units are seeing your rooms.

Go to the Listings tab, Scroll to Property Type and then change to the correct settings (Listing Type should be Room, not Entire Place).

IMG_6668.png

I already explained everything

Angela3989
Level 5
Milwaukee, WI

Hello @Ahmed1000  You have many listings so not sure which one you are referring to. I see some are rooms for rent, and correctly listed as such. I would suggest using the Scheduled Messages to send each booking an automatic message to confirm that they are aware they have booked a room and not a whole unit. You can ask them to reply to make sure they understand. Then it's also documented within Airbnb in case of any issues later. Best of luck!

I think this is a great solution thank you very much