Host penalties cancellation in other listings

Laura5758
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Host penalties cancellation in other listings

If I cancel a booking, will the penalty affect other listings I have?

Thanks

9 Replies 9
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Laura5758. short answer . No H

Laura5758
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Even if the penalty hasn't been deducted yet, as the booking never went ahead? Thanks for taking the time to reply btw

@Laura5758 there are new cancellation policies in place . It depends if there was a valid reason for the cancellation or if you instant book.IB attracts three free cancellations but you must still process a reason to avoid a fee or cancel within the first 24 hours ,if Ib for any bad feeling or lack of communication or some other reason , but you must register a reason . If the guest cancelled then there is no fee. Always have the guest cancel is preferable but then be prepared to refund if you do and within the 24 hours and with a reason . H

Thanks for sharing this.

My booking was set on instant book by accident, then I cancelled within 24 hours but Airbnb told me a 25% fee would be taken, but of course no amount had been paid yet.

@Laura5758 25 % of nothing is ........

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura5758 they will take the penalty out of your next booking I am afraid. I suggest you call Airbnb and remind them that IB hosts are supposed to have 3 penalty free cancellations if they are unhappy with a particular booking.

Thanks for this reply! I thought so. Even if it's a different property?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

what do you mean by 'even if it's for a different property' - you only have one listing. @Laura5758 

They will deduct the penalty fee from your next booking.