Host wants to 2 pieces of ID not a health card ? Is it not illegal to ask pictures of such IDs ?

Valeska39
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Host wants to 2 pieces of ID not a health card ? Is it not illegal to ask pictures of such IDs ?

This host ( POS) wanted two pieces of government ID which we had . DL and health card he said no to the health card wanted a passport like hell no to any getting that !

he took my money no refund . I’m owed a credit and air bnb keeps siding with him 

is it not illegal to ask people to send pics of their IDS ? He ain’t even fro here either lol 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Valeska39 

Which country is the booking for? In many countries there is a legal requirement for hosts to collect photo ID from guests. 

it should say in their listing if they want you to provide photo ID in advance . 

if they don't mention this in the listing then they can't ask for it .

I live in Canada . And this listing was in Toronto, Canada . I wasn’t about to turn around to grab my passport and send them a pic and he ain’t even Canadian ! 

I had two IDs and he didnt want to accept the second one because it was a health card . And refused to give back my money and air bnb did not accommodate me after . I had to borrow money and spend another $100