Hot tub help

Ryan3486
Level 1
Raleigh, NC

Hot tub help

Good Afternoon and Happy New Year,

I am in a little of a predicament right now with some guests. These guests are currently renting my property Dec 31-Jan3. They are about the 8-10th booking I have had and it has been the first nightmare dealing with them.

The first day they messaged me telling me they broke a door knob off one of my doors. Not a huge deal. The second day they called me telling me the hot tub was not working. Never had a problem with the hot tub before. I asked for them to facetime me so I could try and troubleshoot the problem. When they showed me the hot tub it was only half full with water and brown in color! The hot tub was cleaned drained and refilled with fresh water, new pump installed before their visit. As you know the tub needs to be filled with water to work. I asked why it was only half full and they said it was displaced by the occupants. 

I contacted Air b n B for help on this matter and they said they were going to call the guests. 

My question to you is at what point is their negligence to the safe and proper operating of the hot tub my problem. I assume they will ask for some type of refund because the hot tub was not working during their stay. They indicated that they payed for the hot tub. I am concerned they have damaged the pumps because of the lack of water to run properly but will know more when I go to the property after they check out. 

Thank you for your time, any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need to go to the listing or get whoever manages the hot tub to check it so you can make a decision on what to do @Ryan3486 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ryan3486, sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. Did you manage to get to the bottom of it to get it resolved? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines