How do you encourage guests to read your house rules?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How do you encourage guests to read your house rules?

Paula_0-1722976637252.jpeg

Hello everyone 😊

House rules are a key part of creating a great experience for guests and Hosts alike. Many Hosts in our community have emphasized the importance of encouraging guests to read and follow them. Some Hosts have mentioned that, once the booking process is complete, they share this information through a message via the Airbnb app. Other Hosts have preferred to leave a printed copy in the accommodation.

Today, we invite you to share your strategies for encouraging guests to read your house rules. What are some of the most successful strategies you've implemented?🌟

Please share your thoughts in the comments, and thank you so much for sharing.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

37 Replies 37
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joaquim125, great strategy, thank you so much for sharing.

Does this mean that, in general, your guests adhere to your house rules without any inconvenience?

Best regards 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I place them into the text message and direct messaging into the portal on the day of rental.  It's right in their face then.  I know the mistake I made this time out was to allow 'autobooking.'  That was an oversight I did not initially review and change upon creating a rental profile.  It brought me two bad guest.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @John-C-2, thank you so much for sharing your perspective.

If I understand correctly, you no longer have instant booking activated, is that correct?

Please keep us updated.

-----

Kim4599
Level 2
Peyton, CO

Hi Paula, 

I believe that it is important to respond to each booking with a personal greeting (not a standard one) to establish a rapport. I then ask them to let me know first and last names of everyone who is on the reservation and that they have read and agree to the house rules. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kim4599, thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Providing a personalized service is crucial in fostering excellent connections between Hosts and guests. When you inquire about the confirmation of the house rules being read, do guests typically respond?

Looking forward to keep learning from your experience 🌸

-----

They do. I believe that it is because they know its a personal message and not automated.

Nikki584
Level 2
West Sacramento, CA

Keep your house rules simple and emphasize things you find most important. If you have too many rules, it can detract from the enjoyment of a guests stay. 

If your rules are simple and you are struggling with your guests following them, try sending out messages that highlight the most important or most often missed rules. It may help to explain the importance of the rule and/or how it not only benefits the host but also the guests.

Being friendly and welcoming and always striving to provide the level of professionalism and customer service you would want yourself goes a long way to not only providing an excellent customer experience but also getting the best out of the guests you host.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much for sharing this, @Nikki584 

At what point in the booking process do you think hosts should highlight the most important house rules?

Regards,

-----