How is your hosting season going?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How is your hosting season going?

Vacation2.png

Hello everyone 👋

As summer approaches in one half of the world and winter arrives in the other, students and families are taking time off, which could create a peak season in different regions. With this in mind, we would like to ask: Are you having a busy hosting season? If so, could you please share your top three strategies to stand out this season?

Your insights will help inspire Hosts who might be facing a slower season in terms of bookings. We look forward to reading about your experiences.

Thank you 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

80 Replies 80
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Daniela2043, mil gracias por compartir tu experiencia.

Te invito a que inicies una nueva conversación en nuestra comunidad preguntando 👉¿Qué debería mejorar de mi anuncio?" para recibir consejos. De esta manera puedes recolectar ideas que pueden ayudarte a recibir mas reservas.

Un saludo.

--

Hello Daniela,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

I encourage you to start a new conversation in our community by asking, "What should I improve in my listing?" to receive valuable advice. This way, you can gather ideas that might help you attract more bookings.

Best regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elias276

Very insightful comment indeed 💡

I had no idea the busy season timing was so different in Dubai. You’re implementing a great strategy by embracing the season and enhancing your property. The peak season starts in October and lasts until what month? What is the average temperature during those months?

Best regards,

-----

Elias276
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hello!

The peak season starts in October and last till May,

temperatures Varies between 23 to 28 degree, and can go up to 33 degree by the end of the season.

During that time you can go to the beach and desert and enjoy a lot of attractions!

Elias

Im yet to get a reservation kindly help me grow 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Paul10810, thank you for participating in this thread.

Have you considered starting a 👉critique listing thread in our community to gather advice from our experienced Hosts on how to enhance your listing and attract more bookings?

It would be great to see you start your critique listing thread.

Regards 🌟

-----

I feel like it has started to pick up quite suddenly, but it might be a little too soon to say for sure just yet. The last few months have been a lot quiter than expected, so I am hoping the change will last. Fingers crossed 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thanks for sharing this, @Roxana249! Are you planning to implement any new strategies to attract more guests in the coming months?

Keep us posted.

-----

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Awful. Completely disaster. With every new release Airbnb is destroying me.

This season I have close to no views and therefor no bookings. I usually start receiving bookings in April. I now have two in August and one night spent already. That's it.

We have record numbers of tourists but many hosts don't even get enquiries here.

This season died before it began.

After ten years a host Airbnb shut me down.

Romina242
Level 2
Fairbanks, AK

Here in Fairbanks, Alaska.  I want it to be busier, but can't complain 50 percent to 66 percent occupancy since May is not too bad at all.  To stand out this season, I revamp my pics and change listing titles and listing descriptions to include local events that is going on in my state and town.  I also keep on posting my listings in social media together with some of the local events we have in town. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Romina242 👋Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful strategies! 😊

Is this the peak season in Fairbanks, Alaska?

I look forward to your response.

-----

Yes, summer time here in Alaska is usually the peak season.  There has been few wildfires in the surrounding areas that drastically affect the tourism business.  We are looking forward to winter season travelers for Aurora viewing. 

Patrik92
Level 1
Hjältevad, Sweden

It Busy times here in Sweden 😁

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Patrik92,

That is lovely to hear! Has it been busier than in previous years?

Keep us posted 😊

-----

Peter4167
Level 2
Lewes, DE

thank you, Paula.

After a period of inactivity through April, interest and reservations have resumed (under new management...me).

Patience, lessening the price, receiving positive reviews, allowing pets, setting for instant reservations (without 24-hour approval) all seem to help; we'll hope the activity continues (we still have plenty of availability).

Thank you for your interest and support.

Sincerely,

Peter

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Peter4167, thank you so much for sharing your experience! Please keep us posted on how these new strategies help increase your bookings throughout the season 😎

-----