How to get bookings

Katushabe1
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

How to get bookings

Hello Airbnb team , I’m a new host and I would love to get advise on to get bookings have done everything recommended by the support team and I still haven’t got any bookings in the last 3months have been on the app 

1 Reply 1

Hi there,
I completely understand how frustrating it can be when you’re eager to get your first booking but the calendar stays empty. When I first started hosting, I faced the same challenge, but a few key strategies really helped me turn things around:
First impressions matter, and photos are your first chance to grab a potential guest’s attention. I made sure to invest time in taking bright, high-quality photos that showcased my space in the best light. If you can, consider hiring a professional photographer, or even just a friend with a good eye for design.
When I was new, I adjusted my pricing to be competitive with similar listings in my area. I even experimented with slightly lower rates to attract those first few bookings and build up some reviews. Once I started getting positive feedback, I was able to gradually increase my rates.
Also, to kickstart bookings, I ran a promotion offering a discount for the first few guests. This really helped get the ball rolling and brought in my first reviews, which made my listing more attractive to future guests.
I made it a point to respond to inquiries quickly and with a friendly, welcoming tone. Even if someone didn’t book immediately, they remembered the positive interaction and came back later. I also kept my calendar updated to avoid any potential double bookings or confusion.
It’s important to make sure your listing description is detailed and highlights what makes your place special. Think about what you would want to know as a guest, and be clear about amenities, the neighborhood, and nearby attractions.
After each stay, I gently encouraged guests to leave a review. Early reviews are critical because they build trust with future guests. I also paid close attention to any feedback and made small improvements where needed.
I also promoted my listing on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Sharing pictures and details about my place with friends and family helped spread the word.I hope these tips help you start seeing some bookings soon! It can take a little time to gain momentum, but with persistence and a few tweaks, you’ll get there. Good luck!