Increase price per guest?

Answered!
Eleftheria25
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Increase price per guest?

Hi there, I am a complete newbie. In fact, my listing is in progress. Question: can I increase the price depending on the number of guests? My space can host 4-5 people but I think it is unfair to charge the same for one and five guests. 

Thank you 🙏

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Eleftheria25 ,

Your strategy is correct, and it is actually very easy to do. Go to Calendar, then Pricing (where you set nightly price), and scroll down to additional charges. There, you will find an option for an extra guest fee, indicating how much for each one and after how many guests to start adding the additional fee.

For a 4-guest property, I would set the price for 2 guests and then charge for the third and beyond.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Eleftheria25 ,

Your strategy is correct, and it is actually very easy to do. Go to Calendar, then Pricing (where you set nightly price), and scroll down to additional charges. There, you will find an option for an extra guest fee, indicating how much for each one and after how many guests to start adding the additional fee.

For a 4-guest property, I would set the price for 2 guests and then charge for the third and beyond.

Thank you so much 🙏

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Eleftheria25 There are issues with charging per guest - most importantly that a) Guests may lie about the number of people staying and b) if yours is a 2 bedroom place then 2 guests can still use both bedrooms and hence there is no saving on cleaning/laundry.

A different strategy might be to have 2 listings - A 1 bed and a 2 bed listing with calendars linked to prevent double bookings. This way when people pay less they get less (you lock the other room as long as it is not a fire escape route).  You can also block the 1 bed in high season so that only the 2 bed is available.

Whoa, this is a great tip. Thank you 🙏

I don't mind about the laundry so much, because the washer will consume the same amount of electricity. I am more concerned about heating. Yes, my place does have two bedrooms.