Listing desirability

Answered!
Dianne330
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Listing desirability

Hello, 

it’s been a very unusual spring and going into summer with no reservations. 
I’m priced competitively and I’ve even lowered the price. 

1 Best Answer
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Dianne330 

I have noticed a shift in the locations visitors desire this summer. Before and for the past couple of years, people have gravitated towards remote, woodsy places not too far from home. This preference was probably due to the pandemic. All mountainous, remote destinations flourished.

Since then, a few things have happened: 1) Pandemic controls have loosened, airlines are going full force, and people are gravitating towards far-flung, more traditional tourist cities around the world rather than remote locations closer to home, 2) from a US point of view, the dollar is much, much stronger against the Euro, and probably other currencies, than it has been for many years. From what I understand, business in London, Paris, etc. has been quite strong, benefitting in part from our strong dollar and 3) In conjunction with all of this, there has been an explosion in number of rentals coming online everywhere.

All of this has reduced the problem to a simple statement of truth: there is too much supply, and not enough demand in many locations.

Having said that, I took a look at your listing, and I think it would benefit from some professional photography. You have a lovely place, but some of the rooms could be presented more favorably, especially in the area of lighting. Professional photography is well worth the $250-500 cost, and there are too many other hosts having it done to not have it done.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Dianne330 

I have noticed a shift in the locations visitors desire this summer. Before and for the past couple of years, people have gravitated towards remote, woodsy places not too far from home. This preference was probably due to the pandemic. All mountainous, remote destinations flourished.

Since then, a few things have happened: 1) Pandemic controls have loosened, airlines are going full force, and people are gravitating towards far-flung, more traditional tourist cities around the world rather than remote locations closer to home, 2) from a US point of view, the dollar is much, much stronger against the Euro, and probably other currencies, than it has been for many years. From what I understand, business in London, Paris, etc. has been quite strong, benefitting in part from our strong dollar and 3) In conjunction with all of this, there has been an explosion in number of rentals coming online everywhere.

All of this has reduced the problem to a simple statement of truth: there is too much supply, and not enough demand in many locations.

Having said that, I took a look at your listing, and I think it would benefit from some professional photography. You have a lovely place, but some of the rooms could be presented more favorably, especially in the area of lighting. Professional photography is well worth the $250-500 cost, and there are too many other hosts having it done to not have it done.

Thank you for your response and suggestions. I find that I have better luck and more inquiries through Furnished Finders.