Malicious and false safety report by guest

Franco237
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Malicious and false safety report by guest

Hi I have been a super host with Airbnb for over a decade with stellar reviews and no incident. Unfortunately, I hosted a tenant that was unaccountably malicious and rude and filed a false safety report after she vacated. This has disrupted my ability to host (her intended sabotage) it has been over a week and Airbnb has shut down my listing and say they are investigating, but have not contacted me with questions.  Is there anything I can do to reverse this damage done? 

6 Replies 6

@Franco237 Can you provide any information with regard to the content of your guest's complaint?

@Matt4914 All Airbnb will tell me is that it is under investigation. They said they would contact me in 72 hours, and it has now been a week. The only thing I can glean is that the housekeeper came on the appointed day and time, knocked on the door but got no answer, and let herself in to clean. (This is normal because she has a schedule to keep) The guest was there asleep and did not answer the door. The guest never contacted me to complain or ask the housekeeper to leave.  I am genuinely bewildered. Meanwhile, Airbnb has canceled all my future bookings, suspended my listing, and has not answered me. 

Wow! We are in the same boat! 
a guest complained and wanted discounts from the moment she arrived.  I told her if she was unhappy with the beach construction ( 3blocks away) I would exchange for another weekend. Well she stayed, had a party, messed up my 6000ft oceanfront home and told Airbnb I promised her another weekend.  
I told them I have videos at front door and saw SUVs dropping off people.  She reserved for 3, sent fake video of construction and said it was in front of my house. 
I told Airbnb no free weekend. 
They have been investigating for two weeks and told me I’m suspended and no longer part of the community!! 

Sorry to hear that Bonnie! It sounds like you have, at least,  been talking to people at Airbnb. I have had no communication from them other than “it is under investigation” and I am suspended. They have not even told me what the complaint is! Safety is a big topic! Suspending my rental is  serious. What could have happened to warrant this kind of protocol?

@Franco237 

I am   just trying to  understand.    Your  rental  includes a regularly  scheduled  house   cleaning   during a guests  stay?

If  the  Guest  was  told   if  no   answer  the  housekeeper would enter  at a specific  time.then  I  would regularly  keep  submitting to  Airbnb   Guest  was  aware

If you  didn't  make it  clear  then I would approach with a new process that ;prevents the  problem

Tatyana96
Level 2
Miami, FL

I sympathize all hosts whose accounts were suspended, it seems many had gone through it.
  I was  in similar  situation, guest made up false safety claims & All My listings were suspended without notice, explanation as to why. Same response- specialized team is investigating. I finally got phone call from safety team on day 16, still no explanation as to why my account suspended. As I guessed what it could had possibly been, I explained my side of the story & was told in less than 24hrs they’ll give me response. Not till 8days later, On a day 24 finally safety team unsuspended my Account. I was relived but prior agony & stress …