Message host is not available

Answered!

Message host is not available

Hi, trying to message Maria B abouta Benidorm listing but there’s no option to message host? 

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nathalie2536 , did you manage to connect with the host? As @Shelley159 mentions, sharing a screenshot would be helpful in this case to better understand the error.

In this article about 👉Contacting hosts before a reservation 👈 , it says : 

Before a reservation

You can check out the listing and click or tap "Contact Host" to send a message. Pro tip: If you want to ask about specific reservation details, enter the dates and number of guests for your trip before hitting "Contact Host" (you won’t be able to send a message unless you have dates selected).

Are you pressing the "contact button" without selecting the dates?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Nathalie2536 

If you click the listing and scroll down, it should be in the Meet your Host section, just above "availability".

Thanks Shelley, but on 3 listings I’m interested in, it doesn’t have the ‘message host’ icon like it normally does. I have messaged hosts before using the icon you mention above, but for some reason not the 3 I need 😔

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Nathalie2536 

Can you send a screenshot? It's possible that one of the hosts here may recognise the issue and that they may be able to help.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nathalie2536 , did you manage to connect with the host? As @Shelley159 mentions, sharing a screenshot would be helpful in this case to better understand the error.

In this article about 👉Contacting hosts before a reservation 👈 , it says : 

Before a reservation

You can check out the listing and click or tap "Contact Host" to send a message. Pro tip: If you want to ask about specific reservation details, enter the dates and number of guests for your trip before hitting "Contact Host" (you won’t be able to send a message unless you have dates selected).

Are you pressing the "contact button" without selecting the dates?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines