Missing Guest?

Missing Guest?

Hello,

So I'm new to hosting and finally got my first booking. It was a gentleman that was verified. And he had 1 previous review and he was visiting because of a shoulder fracture. His place of therapy is nearby.

He booked 7 days in our private room. He came for the initial check-in and we met him. But since then he hasn't come back. It's been 2 days out of the 7 and we have been paid by airbnb already for the week he's booked. 

I'm not sure on what to do about my missing guest. I'm honestly a bit concerned. Has anyone experienced this? And what did you do? 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Is his stuff still there? Have you called him on the contact number on the booking confirmation @Shazeena0 

@Shazeena0  It happens surprisingly often that people book an affordable room as a backup option, but ultimately don't use it. If the guest kept your house keys and/or left his stuff behind, there's a bit more urgency to tracking him down than otherwise. You might ask after him at his therapy location, though there are probably legal limits on how much info they can give you.

If the guest's stuff is no longer there, and entry is by keycode, you should go ahead and change the code, for your own security. Advise the guest via Airbnb messenger to contact you if he would like to return for the remainder of the booking, and only give the new access code if his story checks out.

You'll want to have some record of the guest's absence in messenger either way, in case anything comes up later. But you're not obliged to do any detective work on this one.