More guests than booked

More guests than booked

My guest registered for two. Then a third person arrived. It was too late to add this person to her booking, so she left $45.00 when leaving. I had already told her that the limit was four people and each person over two had to pay $15.  It is noted on my listing.                        There were 7 who stayed overnight.   

What are my options. Can I have them removed by the police for trespassing?  They left the place dirtier that they should have, but no damage or rowdiness.   Oh, they left all the doors and window open on a cooler night with the heat set on 74 degrees.

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What you could have done is ask the guests who were not on the booking to leave immediately as your accommodation and confirmed only those on the booking could stay. @Marie1382 

Alternatively, if your property was suitable,  you could have raised a request through the resolution centre for the extra guests and confirmed that if payment was not received by XXX they would not be allowed to stay.

Unfortunately when you let more guests stay than your accommodation is suitable for,  it is likely that it will be dirtier than normal.

You cannot call the police in this type of situation it is a civil not a criminal matter and up to you as the business owner to deal with.

I hope you will leave an honest review to warn future hosts.