My home was Destroyed...

Milena517
Level 2
Portland, OR

My home was Destroyed...

Hello, I posted about couple of weeks ago sharing what happened with my home. I am still dealing with Airbnb. The person assigned to me is very irresponsible and selective with the answers to the questions I have. They are not following their own guidance. I have been charged a cancellation fee, yet to be reimbursement for it. My home is going under a major renovation after what happened and I no longer can accommodate guests. I am not being reimbursed for all the items and invoices I have presented. How do I get a hold of someone who will actually do something? Please advice as I am $27,000 in the hole...Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Here are some steps that might help you get the attention and assistance you need from Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb Support Again: Sometimes a different representative can provide better assistance. You can reach out via the Airbnb Help Center and ask to escalate your case.

Social Media: Posting your issue on Airbnb's social media channels (Twitter, Facebook) can sometimes expedite the process. Public visibility can encourage quicker responses.

Document Everything: Make sure you have all your communications, receipts, and documentation organized. This can help when explaining your situation to a new representative.

Ask for a Supervisor: When you contact support, specifically request to speak with a supervisor or manager. Explain that your case requires urgent attention.

Legal Advice: If the amount is substantial and you’re not getting any resolution, you might consider seeking legal advice. Sometimes a letter from a lawyer can prompt faster action.

Local Authorities: If your property was damaged, you might want to check with local authorities or insurance to see if there are additional avenues for compensation.

I hope this helps and you get the resolution you need soon.

Best of luck,

RHJ

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Have they sent a loss adjuster out yet? @Milena517  what stage is your claim at? 

Normally I'd advise you to claim on your own home insurance for short term lets but I believe you indicated on your last post that you hadn't taken this out.