Newbie guest to Airbnb with no reveiws or history

Jill1451
Level 1
Pagosa Springs, CO

Newbie guest to Airbnb with no reveiws or history

Feeling a little unsure on this one......a guest contacted me last night....requesting a booking for 61 nights.....his first time as an airbnb guest.  Only his first name and phone number on his profile.....no photo.  I've asked "what brings you to Tulsa?"  Who are your guests?  Just a few questions to make me feel a little more secure with this guest without any reviews.  He continues to ask me for a video of my property without answering my questions.  I've told him that the property is currently occupied so it may take a few days to arrange for a video.  My base line is that I'm not willing to spend the time and energy to provide a video to someone who will not answer my simple questions.  Not wanting to be paranoid but not wanting to be foolish and trusting either.  Any suggestions???

1 Reply 1
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Are you licensed? Short term rental in AZ is 29 nights or less. 30 nights or more is a different license and renters get tenant rights (a different eviction process) therefore we have a Max 28 nights/4 weeks.

We give a 50% discount for one month. We can make more money renting 4-3 night weekends at full price than 28 nights at 50% off, With less utilities used, less wear and tear on the house, etc. you should consider doing a one month max. 

I would not approve 61 nights to a first time renter.