Pets

Lizabeth2118
Level 1
Dublin, OH

Pets

I used to not have pets come to my home and now I have and I’ve gotten some problems with damage. How many of you allow pets and what are your rules?

2 Replies 2
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizabeth2118, how are you? I hope you're well 😊

This is topic is  often spoken about by our Hosts. I found some conversations for you to explore 💬

Additionally I'd like to highlight a recent thread where @Ellie450  asks the community 'Do you allow pets?' multiple hosts have joined the conversation and spoken about pros  and cons, their experiences and opinions 🗣

I'd like to invite some wonderful hosts to share their thoughts here 🙏🏽
@Catskill2 @Marie8425 @Deirdre159 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Sophia  @Lizabeth2118 

Yes, my listings allow pets  but I disclose pets have to be approved,  I don't give an automatic invite not every has my pet parent standards. Haha  Just like not every child parent agrees with me.

I disclose that my concern is anything disruptive or damaging behavior.

When I talk to the guest I discuss the following:

1.  Any history of aggression?  

2.  I rent rooms in a shared home.  Barking is a serious issue.  I will ask if disruptive barking habits?  I will discuss my rooms are not somewhere that you confine your pet while you are out all day.  You can have a great pet, but an animal alone in an unfamiliar space will get nervous and scared which usually leads to problem behavior.  So I just won't approve that  I know there will be a problem.

3  I do have available dog dishes and dog beds.  So I will discuss if they need this politely reminds them I don't want your pet eating off my people plates or sleeping on my bed. lol

4.  I have a private enclosed back yard but again I just review for pets safety dogs will dig under gates and get loose I require pet supervision in the yard.