Question: guest’s reservation and stay is completed. It shows as completed on my end but they have not checked out and it’s past checkout time. What do I do? I

Louis1783
Level 3
Miami, FL

Question: guest’s reservation and stay is completed. It shows as completed on my end but they have not checked out and it’s past checkout time. What do I do? I

Guest’s stay now ended and it shows as it’s been “completed” but checkout was 30mimutes ago and guest has not checkout.  I sent friendly message thanking for stay and asking if they need to get late checkout but no reply.  Reservation shows as “completed” but they have not left 

4 Replies 4
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Louis1783,

Contact Airbnb, request the Airbnb Support Help team to involve, get the team to contact the guest.

Do acknowledge to the team, you must move the guest stuff as ready for the next guest to check-in and take the photos for reference.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Louis1783  According to many reports on this forum, Airbnb customer service has been pretty unhelpful lately with issues hosts have with guests. 

Basically once check-out time is past, the guests are trespassing. If they don't answer messages, try phoning or texting them. If that doesn't work, you or your manager will have to show up in person and tell them they are past check-out time, you need to have the place cleaned for the incoming guests and to pack up their stuff and vacate.

@Louis1783 

Check in and check out on the Airbnb system is automatic based on the booking detail dates & pre-set check in/out times, and has nothing to do with whether the guest has *actually* arrived/checked in or left/checked out. As @Sarah977 mentioned, it is the host's responsibility to *remind* guests about check out times and make sure they leave promptly. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908/terms-of-service#2

4.JPG

Louis1783
Level 3
Miami, FL

Thank you .