Questionable One Nighters

Questionable One Nighters

I have had a handful of situations where young couples book my place for one night simply so they can have sex.  In one instance my sheets were stained with some type of oil.  In another situation the young man woke me at midnight to let me know they were leaving because the girl's mother wanted her to come home !!  Any advice on how to weed these types of requests out?

4 Replies 4
Ben-and-Sam0
Level 3
Chicago, IL

Not sure if any of these would help, but some ideas...
- Require government ID for guests with zero reviews. I decline requests if the guest refuses to do the verification (has never happened) or just doesn't respond (happens occasionally).
- Are these last-minute bookings? Treat with suspicion.
- Are these bookings from guests who live locally? Local guests want to do something in your place that they don't want to do in their place. Treat with suspicion.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Richard-And-Elizabeth1  Don't allow one night bookings if this is a common issue for you. Otherwise, people have sex. Even couples who book for a week and didn't book solely for that purpose will have sex in your Airbnb. If they don't otherwise cause any problems, I'm not sure why it matters.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have almost 200 reviews with high ratings.  I am so surprised that not having a bathroom in the casita is not a negative point for your guests.  I am obviously wrong:P  Anyway, your location probably brings in one night bookings so setting a minimum of 2 nights might not work for you.  I see that your reviews do not show many locals.  I think you stop focussing on the sex and focus on the damage.  Whether having sex or not, many oils cause permanent stains.  Adjust your rules to address the damage of oil.  I think the lotions that are "tanning" cause more stains and no sex involved!

@Richard-And-Elizabeth1  Are you sure that one night bookings are worth the hassle? You can always raise your minimum stay, or limit your room to only solo guests, if you're bothered that mutually consenting adults are having sex in their private room.

But even then, it still helps to become a bit of a stain removal expert. Tip:  the key to getting oil-based lube stains out of sheets is to rub some dishwashing liquid such as Dawn into the spot and leave it for a few minutes before washing.