Requests for reviews

Requests for reviews

Hi all!  We have had a very busy - and gratifying - first month of hosting!  But guests who raved about how wonderful our place is haven’t left us a review!  We have 3 5star reviews so far - out of 5 reservations.  So not bad, right?  But I was wondering if I should reach out to the 2 who didn’t leave a review and ask if there was anything we should have done to have gotten a review from them?  Their posting window is closed, so this would just be between us.  Thoughts???  

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Robert-And-Geri0 

I would suggest depends on the amount of Airbnb experience the guests have.  If you were their first rental then if it is somebody with no experience I start encouraging before they leave.

If the Guest has a lot of experience and reviews then maybe asking maybe just something to follow,  One oops forgot or 3 I might say why?

As Hosts we have to remember Reviews for Guests might be something they think about once a year as opposed to us daily haha

Thanks so much!  That makes a lot of sense!  In both cases, the renters just raved about how much they loved it, so it just feels weird.  But you are definitely right - we DEPEND on reviews and to them, it's just another thing to have to do!!  We DO send out an email at 5 p.m. on the day that they leave saying thank you, we've given you 5 starts and hope you help our new business by doing the same.  Nicer than that, but still.  

@Robert-And-Geri0 

Good advice from @Marie8425 . Just use caution if you are using an automated message telling the guest you have given them 5-stars. You might want to verify the condition of the property and if any items have been damaged or gone missing before saying that or writing your review.

We do ask them in the check-out scheduled message to write a review and let us know what they enjoyed the most about their stay and if they wish to provide feedback to do so in the private feedback section or by messaging us.

Absolutely excellent advice!  I have the message sent out at 5 p.m. - they leave at 10 a.m. - and I will definitely not give a 5 star review to folks who leave it a mess!  So far, so good!!!!

@Robert-And-Geri0 

Thank you for the morning giggle.  Haha😀