Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Reserved house is not in good condition, flies are in all the rooms. But support team doesn't respond

Silambarasan1
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Reserved house is not in good condition, flies are in all the rooms. But support team doesn't respond

Hi,

I have reservation for a month in a house after check-in got to know that the house is not in good condition, flies are flying in  kitchen, washroom and bedroom. walls, windows are dirty. washroom ceiling paints are peeling out and dirty. when I raised support ticket to Airbnb and shared few videos through email, but support person telling it is minor issue. I'm really frustrated with this reservation and particularly Airbnb support team because of no reply even multiple time called through phone no use.

I want vacate early (2nd day of 31 days reservation but reported within 24 hours) because of unhygienic condition , how can I  get refund?

Thanks,

Silambarasan

6 Replies 6
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

It is better to communicate directly with the host. You can also submit a reservation alteration request. 

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Silambarasan1 

Sorry to hear about your issue. Just to let you know this is a community of hosts and guests forum so it is not directly Airbnb support. We share ideas how to help each other out… and there is some great advice here and you can learn a lot too from other guests/hosts experiences.

Did you message the host and Airbnb customer support on the app/platform with pics and details? You need to have documentation of everything. When you call customer support you need to ask to speak to a manager. 

If there are flies everywhere in the house then it is a cleanliness issue and they should have been responsive to you.

@Paula @Bhumika @Elisa could you assist by sending his issue to the correct team? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello the advice from Airbnb on your booking confirmation is that you need to raise the issues with the host first and if the host doesn't respond or doesn't help you can then ask Airbnb to cancel penalty free . @Silambarasan1 

What did the host say?

if the host and Airbnb aren't responding I would post publicly on all Airbnb's social media channels 

Thank you @Zheng49 @Helen3 @Lorina14 

for your advice, Airbnb ask to talk host. I spoke to host, the host told there are other guests staying in other rooms, it is among the guests to keep it clean. He said he is not responsible for cleanliness. I told him I want to cancel the reservation, host told its up-to you but you'll get zero $. I don't know how to proceed from here.

Thanks,

Looks like you booked a subpar budget listing.

One option is to stay the entire stay, and then leave a negative review. This host unfortunately does deserve a negative review. One for the cleanliness issues, and second, for the unresponsive attitude. 

Another option is to report to Airbnb support regarding the cleanliness, which looks like you've already tried, and have been told they're minor issues. So unfortunately it doesn't look like you can get Airbnb to cancel this one penalty free. 

But keep trying, maybe you'll run into other issues down the line, which Airbnb support are more receptive towards. 

---

For the future, it might be better to book one or two days, and then extend as needed. OR book at listings which have flexible cancellation. 

Also look for the SUPERHOST badge. It means the host is responsive to guest needs and has a good track record. 

That's no guarantee. We are being scammed by a deceitful "superhost" who is claiming we smoked in her unit. We are all nonsmokers. She's retaliating for complaints about the filth we found on check in.  Air bnb Resolutions is a joke. Taking them to court is also an option. Above all, never use Airbnb again.