SUSPENDED no explanation asked a least 5 times!

Answered!
Leah464
Level 2
Peoria, AZ

SUSPENDED no explanation asked a least 5 times!

Day 6 suspended still because I called “SAFETY Support” to get their advise on how to handle 15+ guest in my house detected by my Nest camera declared in two different places on my profile. I WANT folks to know I have a camera that why it’s listed twice, I would put it in the heading if I could. NO ANSWER when I asked 5 times why I’m being investigated…crickets. Guest said 4 adults 2 children. I did not know until after the fact that is was a full on alcohol party, hard alcohol bottles found and photographed by cleaning crew. I asked them to leave due to house rules being broken. Police were called to secure my house after they ran out(that’s how I know there was illegal activity with minors) leaving all lights/fans running, AC running, music blasting, alcohol bottles everywhere, hot tub uncovered and running, towels everywhere outside, front door and screen left wide open, back door wide open, ect. The dude’s profile is a picture of his chest with a necklace, his past review called him by a different name but it has been verified by Airbnb. I’m being “INVESTIGATED” and suspended not this rule breaking guest. By the way, NO complaint was made against me but I’m being investigated and suspended so others can’t enjoy my 5 star after 71 reviews. That’s what you get when you call “Safety Support” NO support as the host. Lesson learned big time. There is no special team investigating it, it is ONE person (I was told that by the lady on the phone when I asked her) and on their days off it is not pasted on to help it just sits there until hopefully she looks at it again when she gets back. UNREAL!!!! I would love to get ahold of Brian Chesky the CEO. 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leah464, Thank you so much for coming back and updating us that your listings are active now. I noticed your comment and wanted to let you know that I have also passed on your additional feedback to the concerned team.

All the best for future reservations!🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Leah464 ,

I am so sorry to hear about this incident. Seems like the mention of camera disclosure may have led to this. I wanted to share this article that mentions What happens if a listing is suspended or removed

I noticed your comment on another post previously and had taken note of it to share it with the relevant team. It seems like they were already looking into the details and will get back to you once they have an update to share.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ok, what details??  I’m allowed to have a Nest camera it has to be disclosed in my listing of which it was twice as I stated. Absolutely NO mention of this very young guest having an alcohol party at my house with 15+ underage kids somehow it gets twisted the camera is to blame? WOW! 

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Leah464 

i share empathy with you. ***

and, indeed, you can’t control Airbnb safety team’s investigation. it can last for years especially your case has minors in the house, police report etc.

you have to act on backup plans besides waiting..

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Thanks. The police came to secure my house lock the doors, ect. not to remove people.  I think that to do as you suggested would probably lead to permanent disbandment. 

@Leah464 you are correct. You can't create a new listing from one that has been suspended, or you would likely be kicked off AirBnB. The person who suggested that frequently gives very bad advice. 

Cameras are an ongoing problem with AirBnB. They allow us to have them, there's even a space in the listing to include them, yet when a guest says there are cameras, a listing gets suspended. It defies common sense. 

Then, as you mentioned, the guest who breaks all the rules and causes damage has nothing done to them. I'm very sorry you went through this. 

@Kia272 Thank you very frustrating at the least. I appreciate your comment, there is no common sense involved at all! I hope somehow this gets fixed on Airbnb’s part! 

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

@Leah464 

nope. 

Airbnb doesn’t ban people just because hosts have 2 listings for the same address. 

think about it. you can have a guest suite and main house in the same address. 

@Mar125 I don’t trust Airbnb they have a way of taking a situation like this and suspend for no reason. I literally had no reason for suspension but they did for 8 days. Everything I read on Airbnb and when I googled outside of Airbnb said they would permanently banned if you reposted under these circumstances. What you are talking about is totally different. Thanks tho. 

@Leah464  You are correct. That person frequently gives out this advice, and it's completely against the rules. Very smart of you not to heed this misguided advice. 

So sorry about what happened to you. These types of suspensions are unfortunately very common, and it's so, so wrong. Numerous complaints of exactly this type are posted in the community center every day, and AirBnB does nothing. 

I'm glad your listing is back up. 

Oh please,

I got my room suspended for 5 days based on a review that had been previously removed for violating Air Bnb policy and a guest who tried to manipulate the platform into getting a refund and was denied. After that denial he came back 5 days later and made a complaint about stained linens with no photo evidence. I told Air Bnb to make him prove it and to consider the previous circumstances. No one got back to me as promised and it’s been over a week. How can they base, in part, a suspension on a review that had been previously removed and a complaint with no photo evidence from a guest who had previously and repeatedly had been causing issues and at this point had submitted three conflicting stories about the bedding to Air Bnb? I have shut down my Air Bnb. I refuse to host under these circumstances. I came onto this forum to see if other hosts experiences are mirroring mine. Indeed they are and you are doing nothing about it Air Bnb.

I'm currently suspended by safety department losing thousands because guest complained about the size of my garage that wasn't big enough for their big car. When I asked them to leave their car in the driveway in Hollywood Florida which is the one of the safest neighborhood they refused, and they reported to safet and they were fully refunded. And my suspension still wasn't resolved for over a week.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell It is slightly worrying that, yet again, a host reporting a party then gets suspended. It really does bring into question Airbnb's commitment to stamping out parties as a host would be mad to report one. Why on earth would @Leah464 be suspended for doing the right thing?

Thank you so much!!! You have helped me more than anyone!! I appreciate you knowing where to direct this. I’m so stressed out over doing the “right” thing it literally makes me feel physically sick. Unbelievable!

Leah464
Level 2
Peoria, AZ

8 days later and lots of stress and lose of guest and income. I was finally unsuspended  Airbnb said they want to be “transparent” so they put a note on my account for only their representatives see about the camera that was disclosed twice in my profile and still is. This had absolutely NOTHING to do with the reason I called “Safety Support” in the first place and I never had any transparency from Airbnb why I got suspended for calling in the first place. Lessons learned. I hope no other host ever has to go through this. @Catherine-Powell  better training would help these kind of situations and more people hired to handle it instead of waiting days for that one person to come back from days off.