Strict refund policy

Strict refund policy

Airbnb cancelled a reservation with no penalties. Guest did not show up after finding out I live in the apartment in my own area. He then bullied me for a full refund. Threatened to arrive on the last 2 days with 8 men and threatened to shame me on Social Media and bad review.  That’s why Airbnb finally worried about my safety cancelled the reservation. Now I found out a full refund was returned to him without my knowledge and Airbnb is withholding future bookings to add up to the refund amount. I feel robbed and consultants all say I understand and I’m sorry repeatedly without any answers to my questions. Very frustrating while waiting who knows how long for reply. It’s 3am here.

I have STRICT CANCELLATION POLICY

3 Replies 3
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

2 bedrooms but only 1 bed?

It's a little bit confusing, with the way your listing is configured right now, so I can understand where the confusion may arise from, especially for someone new to Airbnb. 

If it's actually 1 bedroom, 1 bed, and 1 bathroom, then change the listing to appropriately reflect that. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Seems very clear to me  they are offering a room in a shared home @Zheng49 

what is confusing about that ? 

Zheng49_0-1728413414724.png

2 bedrooms but only 1 bed. Can a room be called a bedroom without a bed? They are offering 2 rooms, not just one room. It just seems like 1 of the rooms don't have a bed, but they're calling it a bedroom. 

@Helen3 

I went over the listing description again, and it seems like the apartment consists of two bedrooms. The host resides in 1 of the 2 bedrooms. So the listing is actually just 1 bedroom, 1 bed, 1 dedicated washroom in that case. Or basically just a shared room like you said. The confusing part is the host listed it as 2 bedrooms, when it's just 1. 

If that's the case, then the guest can easily use that reason to get the full refund from Airbnb Support.