Strict refund policy

Strict refund policy

Airbnb cancelled a reservation with no penalties. Guest did not show up after finding out I live in the apartment in my own area. He then bullied me for a full refund. Threatened to arrive on the last 2 days with 8 men and threatened to shame me on Social Media and bad review.  That’s why Airbnb finally worried about my safety cancelled the reservation. Now I found out a full refund was returned to him without my knowledge and Airbnb is withholding future bookings to add up to the refund amount. I feel robbed and consultants all say I understand and I’m sorry repeatedly without any answers to my questions. Very frustrating while waiting who knows how long for reply. It’s 3am here.

I have STRICT CANCELLATION POLICY

7 Replies 7
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

2 bedrooms but only 1 bed?

It's a little bit confusing, with the way your listing is configured right now, so I can understand where the confusion may arise from, especially for someone new to Airbnb. 

If it's actually 1 bedroom, 1 bed, and 1 bathroom, then change the listing to appropriately reflect that. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Seems very clear to me  they are offering a room in a shared home @Zheng49 

what is confusing about that ? 

Zheng49_0-1728413414724.png

2 bedrooms but only 1 bed. Can a room be called a bedroom without a bed? They are offering 2 rooms, not just one room. It just seems like 1 of the rooms don't have a bed, but they're calling it a bedroom. 

@Helen3 

I went over the listing description again, and it seems like the apartment consists of two bedrooms. The host resides in 1 of the 2 bedrooms. So the listing is actually just 1 bedroom, 1 bed, 1 dedicated washroom in that case. Or basically just a shared room like you said. The confusing part is the host listed it as 2 bedrooms, when it's just 1. 

If that's the case, then the guest can easily use that reason to get the full refund from Airbnb Support. 

I’m advertising one bedroom with its own bathroom for guest to use.

shared kitchen and laundry.

the Host lives in other bedroom in the apartment.

Host lives in one bedroom and other bedroom is for Airbnb guest.

why would I show a photo of Host’s bedroom?

problem has been guests book quickly without reading the description till after booking is confirmed.

Thank you Helen 

I live in the apartment but they are using a potion of it. They are paying for 1 bedroom. In the description I have in capital letters HOST lives in apartment.