Sue Airbnb at Small Claim Court

Stella158
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sue Airbnb at Small Claim Court

I am a Malaysia Airbnb Host has a dispute recently with a guest being alleged a cleanliness issue. On 2 Aug. The Airbnb ambassador contacted me and I denied the allegation within 2 hrs. Then they tried to contact me on 4 of Aug, I was on the full-day back-to-back meeting. Malaysia has high scam call and it’s risky to just answer a call from an unknown number. Airbnb never schedules with me via message to review the decision before proceeding with the refund of RM3000 to the guest on 4 Aug 1pm. The dispute center allow 15 days or more to resolve the issue but the ambassador, ** didn’t comply this. Her first message to me was supercial 1. No mentioned of which rules that was breached 2. No mentioned of reservation already altered. 3. No mentioned of why the amount of shrunk to RM98 for 4 nights stay (after the alternation). The message was full of suspicions.

I wonder do I file the small claims at my country in Malaysia or in California? Thanks for your advice.

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Stella158
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I called on 4 Aug 10pm, was exhausted after long day. And ** promised to arrange with ** at 5 Aug today 12pm but I received none. Again **’s reply was really superficial and dodging the critical information – what ground that my reservation has breached. Is

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]