Superhost filter gone?

Answered!
Jessie90
Level 6
Connecticut, United States

Superhost filter gone?

Appreciate the new filter for guest favorites, but that is not equivalent to booking with a Super Host, which gives  me a lot of comfort when booking in an unfamiliar location.  Guest ratings are always a little suspect.  I hope this filter is reinstated, I may never book on airbnb again, too risky otherwise. 

Any one else have this issue, it's gone both on the website and app.

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

I also wanted to share a bit more related to this topic @Jessie90.

Yes, I can confirm the Superhost filter has been removed. This is to simplify some of the search filters and we added a new Guest Favorites filter to help guests find some of the most-loved homes on the platform. Guests will still be able to see whether their Host is a Superhost on the listing page.

Guest Favorites are evaluated on a listing level, while Superhosts are based on the individual Host. A Superhost that adds a new listing, for example, would need to host several stays before their new listing could be considered for Guest Favorites.

Hope this helps with context.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jessie90 The Superhost criteria are also based on guest ratings so there isn't a huge amount of difference between the two. Quite why the Superhost filter been taken away from you when searching for properties is beyond me. I'll try and find the definitions of the two.

Jessie90
Level 6

Yes, gone completely.  I guess I thought Airbnb did some other, additional vetting, so maybe it doesn't matter as much- except in cases where it's a new listing with no reviews, but managed by a superhost. I'm hoping at the very least the superhost designation stays, but then it's a two step process for the search.

@Jessie90  The guest favourite criteria are

A variety of factors help identify Guest Favourites, including:

• At least five reviews from guests
  • Excellent reviews and ratings above 4.9 stars on average
  • High marks from guest reviews for check-in, cleanliness, accuracy, Host communication, location and value
  • Superb record of reliability, with Host cancellations and quality-related customer service issues of 1% on average

The superhost criteria used to be a 4.8 rating and similar 1% cancellations. So it seems you will be safer with a guest favourite than a super host.

All very strange

Jessie90
Level 6

thank you for the reply.  Also strange is for a booking I made, the host is a Superhost, the ratings are 4.93 and generally excellent and yet it is not a guest favorite!  Still some kinks in the system I guess.

@Jessie90 Is the 4.93 the host rating or the property rating? I ask because we have 4 listings across 3 apartments and while all say Superhost only 3 are guest favourites because one is new and hasn't yet got 5 reviews.

Jessie90
Level 6

4.93 for the property, 80 ratings

@Jessie90 who knows then - I'm sure all the details will come out in time so we can explain these oddities.

@Mike-And-Jane0    @Jessie90  hi, "Guest Favourites": "Excellent reviews and ratings above 4.9 stars on average"

Here in Sevilla,  there is a multitude of 'Guest favourites" with ratings that are lower than 4.90

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 15-53-00 Profil du voyageur – Airbnb.png

I'm wondering if it's based on the last twelve months like superhost.

This would make more sense.

Therefore these properties may have scored 4.9 in the last year. Which is of more interest to a guest.

It would be nice to have more details from Airbnb.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Jessie90 

It looks like you and @Mike-And-Jane0 have already had a good conversation about this!

I just wanted to add that, in addition to all the criteria that @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned -- evaluation on an individual listing level to take into consideration a number of other signals of quality and reliability, including subcategory ratings for a listing’s cleanliness, accuracy, communication, location, check-in, and value, as well as any guest feedback left in a review-- Guest Favorites are dynamic and their status is refreshed on a daily basis. Today nearly two-thirds of Guest Favorites come from Superhosts.

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Superhost filter @Jessie90 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Breanna It really looks as if Guest Favourites (lets hope its spelled properly in the UK) are heading toward something that is just made up by Airbnb. Superhost criteria were absolutely clear (though not loved by all) whereas Guest Favourites, if dynamic, seem to be whatever Airbnb want them to be on any particular day. Ho hum....

CC @Jessie90 

I agree with that. It seems that Airbnb is trying to "big brother" travelers into picking listing that they think should be picked. Guests can no longer pick based on their will e.g. superhost for one, reviews and Airbnb should add "review count" too into the filter. Current filter is worse than Booking.com and for that reason I'll be using BDC myself to book for my stays. Bad move Airbnb.

Jessie90
Level 6

Thank you does that mean the superhost filter is gone for good?

This is  a very unpredictable act from the AIRIBNB against their most reliable and loyal hosts.
I see a huge drop in bookings on my 4 popular supershost listings after the Superhost filter got removed. Now I need to try other plattforms for the first time in 10 years. But hopefully it benefits me in the end to get more sales channels. I don't understand how AIRBNB can benefit on this. Also it would be interesting to check the legality of this since I have been promised this Superhost filter in every renewing of my Superhost status.