Third-Party Services In My Inbox

Third-Party Services In My Inbox

Hi Everyone, 

Has anyone else been experiencing an influx of businesses and services in their inbox offering cleaning, property management, or even asking for free stays in exchange for social media exposure/other services? I find it a bit frustrating since it clutters my inbox, and I don't want to miss anything from my guests. Does anyone know if Airbnb technically allows this? I always want to report, but feel bad since the people are also just trying to get business. I wish there was a way to stop these messages from coming through since I personally am not interested in hiring any third party service. Please let me know what you think.

3 Replies 3
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Anna14135  Yes I experience this as well, especially with cleaning services.  As a former cleaning service owner I give them credit for the hustle.  However I do let them know this is not an appropriate way to market their business for the reasons you stated.  I then give them some alternative ways to get the attention of short term rental owners.  

Karen
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You may be happy receiving this spam posts @Karen114  but turning down these inquires can affect your rankings on Airbnb .

There is nothing to give credit for - it's simply spamming.

If businesses want to connect with hosts they should do want any other business does and invest in marketing to help them reach customers they identify as their target market. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's awful isn't it when cleaners spam hosts through making false bookings @Anna14135 . I report their messages to Airbnb