Turkish bank's cards

Мария56
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Turkish bank's cards

Hello everyone!

I have a weird problem here, maybe someone in the community faced it either. We have moved to Turkey recently and are using Turkish banks' cards here, of the two biggest ones, actually. 

When we tried to make an AIRBNB reservation here both of our banks rejected payments. I successively contacted to customer services of both banks and they told me literally the same thing: your payment was rejected by the security system because AIRBNB doesn't use the 3DSecurity system. This is the system that requires a one-time code delivered via SMS. Which does make sense to me, that 3DS used by many sites globally. 

AIRBNB's support wasn't helpful, they just offer me to change the payment method again and again.

I am sure we can't be the only ones facing this problem. And banks' reason seems solid as far as two banks said the same independently.
Did anyone face this or know what to do? It would be very sad to not be able to use AIRBNB due to payment issues.

Thanks)

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Мария56 I wonder if the true reason for rejection is that you appear to be Russian.

Мария56
Level 1
Yekaterinburg, Russia

Thank you!

But I don’t think so. We moved here before war and my account linked with my Turkish ID. But even before that, the point is that banks rejected transaction, not ABNB

Dmitrii17
Level 1
Kazakhstan

Подтверждаю. ТРК-карты - хлам несусветный. Ничего нигде не работает, кроме местного.

Google Translate : 

I confirm. TRK-cards - utter rubbish. Nothing works anywhere except local.

Alex9904
Level 1
Moscow, Russia

I have same problem, my deniz bank card work on amazon with 3ds (and another international sites), but not work on airbnb

Georgii5
Level 1
Moscow, Russia

I've been facing the same problem and, the wierd thing is that we ocassionally manage to book a property with the said card. Seems to be random and is really frustrating.