Unauthorized Party

Mikle0
Level 1
Pembroke, NC

Unauthorized Party

I have been fighting for months to book ANY property. I only get the unauthorized party blocks. I don't understand what is going on. I called customer services and they don't know anything. I made sure there weren't any red flags. I'm 25 and was planning to travel for my uncle's burial in August. I selected 2 nights with a total of 3 guests. My sister is 37 and my father is 64. I don't get how this site makes its decisions. I can understand wanting to protect homeowners, yet everyone isn't out here being reckless. Is this not a form of discrimination? How do they know what someone is using the house for? It's not like they have an application to fill out to explain your visit. I even got permission from several hosts. I'm a complete introvert, which is why I booked a home instead of staying with family who lives locally. I'm not too fond of loud noises or large groups of people.  Yet how would Airbnb know that? They rather not take the risk and deny everyone. This is the reason many hosts don't have bookings. Many of the hosts also list their properties on Vrbo. 

Planned 4 months in advance

25 years old

2-night stay

3 guests

Verified identity 

Good Reviews on account 

3 bedroom house

How does that trigger a potential party ? 

2 Replies 2

Hi @Mikle0 

That does seem a bit odd. Sometimes Airbn identifies a "party risk" if you are local and trying to book an Airbnb is the same location. Were you ever part of a group trip that had a party on Airbnb? What did Airbnb say when you contacted them?

If the properties you were interested in are on another platform, I would just book there instead of Airbnb.

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Mikle0 

Who  is trying  to book?  Your account is very  new and has  never  rented?  It might not be you but the actual properties being picked.  3 bedroom is usually  a large house  that sleeps six and so is higher priced, but your only 3  for 2 nights.  Usual rentals of a large house are not 2 or 3 nights, people are usually coordinating a group  of 6  and a week of  activities.  Even if Airbnb let you request a host might not accept a 2 day stay and the cleaning.

You  might have better luck looking at like a 2 bedroom condo since you really just need a bed