Weird questions!

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

Weird questions!

When you spend a bit of time on social sites trying to help others you do come across some weird questions. Take a look at this one...... And some of the comments were equally weird but, perhaps not for reproduction here!!!

Airbnb silly question.png

That's why I come back to the Community Centre, to keep some sanity in my life!

Cheers.......Rob.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Robin4 

Yes, that is just a strange and creepy question.  "What do you think I am, a hooker" had me in stitches but you never know.  

I hope you are well my friend and thank you for making me laugh today.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dave-and-Deb0 

Wonderful to see a post from you Dave, hope life is treating you well.

Thanks to you mate and that great start you gave me back in 2015 we are only a month or so away from hitting 800 Airbnb reviews.

I have said here many times over the years, when my first booking lobbed in my inbox I already felt like a competent host and that was due to you. We all need a guiding hand like you.

Time is starting to catch up with me though Dave, I am 80 now and keeping up a standard at the pace I have set myself is taking a bit of doing, particularly as Ade's MS is all the time robbing her of mobility increasing my workload........

September 2024 bookings..pngWe only have one un-booked night in Sept and almost half of those bookings are 1 nighters so the consistency is pretty torrid. But hosting has been a great part of my life, one I am so glad I got involved with.

And of the three platforms I have used Dave, Airbnb have turned out to be the best.

I will give it another 18 months, by then we will have hit the 1,000 Airbnb reviews which, having really enriched my life and should have seen me as a viable asset to Airbnb over the decade. So it's been a win/win all round. I am thinking of writing a book of the funny and lovely experiences that have happened along the way.

I am planning another trip to Canada Dave to catch up with friends in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Is and Montreal. I know a long way from Edmonton but would love to think I could organise a flight and fit a quick visit into my schedule.

All the best to you and Deb and the kids and thanks for still popping in here, it's always a lovely surprise to see a post from you. Good on you mate.

Cheers........Rob.

That is amazing @Robin4

When will you be in Montreal? I will be there in November for our Airbnb Community Leader Summit.  It would be fabulous to meet up if you are there around that time.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Experienced Co-Host

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dave-and-Deb0 

Ah, I would have loved November but a bit soon for me Dave, I have too many commitments this year, I am planning for July next year, I am looking at having 23 days in Canada.

Lets keep in touch along the way and see what happens.

Cheers.......Rob.