What else can I do to encourage bookings?

Elaine1057
Level 2
Ramona, CA

What else can I do to encourage bookings?

We bought an ADU and had it moved to the back of our property (which has its own street access so is very private for guests and us.  It was right at the start of Covid so my husband had to do everything but the grading for it and it has taken 4 years to get it up and running.  We have been open 3 mos and have had 7 guests.  We have 7 five star reviews.  However, I have raised prices slowly and even though we are slightly under the listings in our area, our inquiries have slowed way down.  How are others doing?  I give an arrival treat of the guests choice (free range eggs, hand squeezed orange juice, or homemade sourdough or fruit tart.  We leave waters and sparkling waters and have great communication.  Don't know what else we can do.

4 Replies 4

Hello Elaine,

It sounds like you've done a fantastic job creating a welcoming space for your guests, and your attention to detail with arrival treats and excellent communication is impressive. If you've noticed a slowdown in inquiries after raising your prices, even though you're still competitively priced, here are a few tips to consider:

Optimize Your Listing: Make sure your Airbnb photos are top-notch, showcasing the best features of your ADU and the privacy it offers. Update your description to highlight the unique amenities and personal touches, like the choice of arrival treats, which could sway potential guests to choose your place over others.

Dynamic Pricing Tools: Consider using tools like PriceLabs to adjust your pricing dynamically based on market demand, local events, and seasonality. This can help ensure your rates are competitive and attractive to potential guests.

Marketing and Promotions: Boost your listing's visibility by sharing it on social media or local tourism sites. Temporary promotions or discounts during slower periods might also attract more guests.

Engage with Past Guests: A simple thank you message after their stay or offering a discount for their next visit can keep your property top of mind. Encourage them to refer friends and family.

Local Collaborations: Partnering with nearby businesses to offer guest discounts or special packages can make your listing more appealing and provide a complete experience.

Leverage Reviews: With consistent five-star reviews, ensure these are front and center in your listing. Asking guests what they enjoyed most can provide insights into what future guests may value.

Update Amenities: Continuously enhancing the guest experience can keep your listing fresh and appealing. Consider adding or updating amenities that could attract a wider range of guests.

While inquiries might ebb and flow due to various external factors, staying proactive in your approach and continuously improving can help you maintain a competitive edge.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Elaine1057 

I would suggest taking out agressive dog who has run of property.  Disclosing is very good but do it in a positived way.

No Pets just no you don't have to say why.

You can not refuse a Service  Animal, word differently

Please inform me if bringing a service animal,  I have a dog not used to strange animals and not animal social.    Service Animals are prohibited from accessing shared back yard but there is an area in the  front for them to relieve themselves.  Please communicate with Host so proper arrangements are made.

Then I only scare people with dogs not everyone. 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Elaine1057 

Also is 400 square feet correct, pictures look bigger.  Maybe put the 400 square feet in other things to note.  your title says tinY house again word it more positive ed  You mention vaulted ceilings  Comfortable shower space.  Streamlined kitchen design allowing all appliances and comfortable countertop space.  Cozy dining area.   Living room furnished for 2 guests to relax and unwind..

Dear Marie,

thank you so much.  I will reword as you suggest.  We added the first paragraph after having a guest bring two large german shepherds as “comfort dogs”.  Ended up with fleas and lots of hair.  Yes, it is 400 but does seem much larger.  We are leaving for a two week vacation but I think I can make those changes while we are gone.  You have been so very helpful.  Thank you!!