What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking?

Denise1937
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking?

What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking? I just booked my first guest. Of course I want to avoid issues and damage to the property. Looking for best practices to do so. 

[Tittle modified by OCM]

17 Replies 17
Raluca54
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Hello Denise ! 
Great topic !  I honestly don’t think there is  a straight strategy for this concern .
I always came with a different approach to my guests that had no reviews previously. It wasn’t a question it was more like a kind but strict direction . I don’t have a template but something like this:  

“ Thank you for choosing to stay at casa Luna . We are excited to host you and hope you will have an amazing time because we put a lot of love and energy into turning this location into a place that we treasure. We kindly need you to read the house rules and give us your acceptance . We want to leave great reviews to all of our guests:)   

I get pictures of my location from the housekeeping between the guests just in case there are any damages after any check outs . 

What also put my concerns at peace was investing in an RING camera for outside ( right on the entrance door) 

Maybe the Airbnb team can help us facilitate this concern by automatically sending the new guest ( guests with no prior reviews) the house rules prior to their arrival. 
Hope this helps 🙂

Sheila262
Level 2
Heber City, UT

My first message to a guest is to say that I am very excited to meet and host them. I always inquire/ ask the question as what brings them to our beautiful valley so I can provide the best experience as possible. I like to be able to make suggestions based on their interests whether it is helping them rent snowmobile or go horseback riding etc.

Razvan46
Level 2
Pângărăcior, Romania

Hello Denise,

If your propriety,house rules and local guidance are well and comprehensive described, normaly they book directly, there aren't questions. There is an exemption, "how many people are you"?. Sometimes guests escalade the specificed no. of persons you allowe, if the host doesn't ask. Normaly guests asks and hosts answer. Regards, Razvan.