What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking?

Denise1937
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking?

What questions do you ask prior to approving a booking? I just booked my first guest. Of course I want to avoid issues and damage to the property. Looking for best practices to do so. 

[Tittle modified by OCM]

16 Replies 16
Raluca54
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Hello Denise ! 
Great topic !  I honestly don’t think there is  a straight strategy for this concern .
I always came with a different approach to my guests that had no reviews previously. It wasn’t a question it was more like a kind but strict direction . I don’t have a template but something like this:  

“ Thank you for choosing to stay at casa Luna . We are excited to host you and hope you will have an amazing time because we put a lot of love and energy into turning this location into a place that we treasure. We kindly need you to read the house rules and give us your acceptance . We want to leave great reviews to all of our guests:)   

I get pictures of my location from the housekeeping between the guests just in case there are any damages after any check outs . 

What also put my concerns at peace was investing in an RING camera for outside ( right on the entrance door) 

Maybe the Airbnb team can help us facilitate this concern by automatically sending the new guest ( guests with no prior reviews) the house rules prior to their arrival. 
Hope this helps 🙂

Sheila262
Level 2
Heber City, UT

My first message to a guest is to say that I am very excited to meet and host them. I always inquire/ ask the question as what brings them to our beautiful valley so I can provide the best experience as possible. I like to be able to make suggestions based on their interests whether it is helping them rent snowmobile or go horseback riding etc.