When to file the Aircover claim to prevent a bad review?

Javier1448
Level 1
New York, NY

When to file the Aircover claim to prevent a bad review?

Our guests trashed our place - left garbage everywhere, vomit spills in living room, kitchen, bathrooms... they smoked and the place stinks... (while no smoking is allowed). They have incurred us quite some money on additional cleaning costs. We are considering to file an Aircover claim to get a refund, but we are afraid of having a bad review. Should I file the claim on day 14, one hour before the window closes, to prevent them retaliating with a false negative review? 

I have searched online and all that i can see is that Airbnb does not have a consistent process to prevent retaliation.

Has someone followed the 14-day strategy and can share some feedback? Thanks

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Javier1448 ! It's been a while since you posted and it looks like there's 2 days left to the 14-day window you mentioned. Did you get any advice yet or did you make a decision if you're going to file the Aircover claim now or later?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I would like to know as well. Facing something similar.

I called Airbnb support team and was told that guest will not be notified when an Aircover claim is filed. Guest will be notified when a request is filed through resolution center