Why does Airbnb not have a formal complaint process for Hosts?

Suzanne1108
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Why does Airbnb not have a formal complaint process for Hosts?

I am a Superhost. I have been on the platform for 6 years.  My rating is 4.99.  

I altered my calendar for Jan and Feb 2025 to have a minimum of 28 day bookings because we are going to be travelling ourselves and I do all the changeovers myself.  It looked like it worked however, a couple of days later a 2 day booking came through.  I cancelled it within minutes, potentially my first mistake as maybe I should have contacted the help desk.  Anyway, as a consequence I have lost my Superhost status and the dates are now blocked in the Calendar.  

My flat is available 365 days a year in the centre of Edinburgh.  It is booked 80% of the time.  Airbnb make a lot of commission out of my listing.  In the 6 years I have been on the platform this is only the 2nd cancellation I have had to make.

I believe the auto response to cancellation is flawed. There is no-one to have a proper conversation with just a load of messages saying, thank you, sorry, hard luck!  No proper Complaint process.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Suzanne1108 just ring them on 020 3318 1111 and ask them nicely to fix your mistake.

There is no complaints process as this rather cleverly reduces the number of complaints Airbnb receives.

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

It sounds like you had the instant book feature turned on. Move out of that mode so guests have to ask for a booking and you'll be able to chat with them regarding your min. stay and answer their questions.

I would call again and ask how a booking of 2 days was able to be done since you have it set for 28 days. Maybe there was a glitch ?