Why would Airbnb cancel an ongoing reservation ?

Answered!
Michelle4016
Level 1
Saint Philip, Barbados

Why would Airbnb cancel an ongoing reservation ?

I had a most unique situation. I am a host and had a guest staying. Airbnb contacted myself and her to say that the reservation was cancelled and she had to leave. Now Airbnb had already paid out for her rental and were not requesting any funds back and weren't offering her any refund. 

When I asked Airbnb support why was it canceled they wouldn't explain. 

Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Michelle4016 

Was this a long term stay? Lots of scams with that where guest pays for first month per Airbnb's long term stay policy at a steep discount. Then when the next payment is due on the 1st of the next month, Airbnb is unable to collect as the credit card is no longer valid (guest removed it, or fraudulent card).

If not a long term stay, it could also be a stay booked with a stolen credit card.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @Michelle4016 

Was this a long term stay? Lots of scams with that where guest pays for first month per Airbnb's long term stay policy at a steep discount. Then when the next payment is due on the 1st of the next month, Airbnb is unable to collect as the credit card is no longer valid (guest removed it, or fraudulent card).

If not a long term stay, it could also be a stay booked with a stolen credit card.

Brava @Joan2709 ! You are an airbnb wizard, thank you for sharing your extensive knowledge.