airbnb dispute

Rhea27
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

airbnb dispute

Hi we had a guest stay with us for 3 months on the the second month the guest broke the toilet along with the 0 ring in the toilet.  The guest never said anything until the ceiling came down. We went in Cleaned everything up and thought we had fixed the toilet. The guest said the toilet was still leaking two weeks later at that point there was damage to the carpet and we had an issue with mold. The guest was advise of the mold situation they created by not telling us there was still and issue. Airbnb refunded them their stay plus and extra 30 percent for the inconvenience as well as still charging us hosting of more than 600 dollars.  

i let Airbnb there were no problems when we went in to clean free on charge after their first month.  How can Airbnb reward bad guest at the expense of the owners ? i was told i could file a claim for the damage but would have to deal with the loss of income . The guest also took several items when they were leaving.  

Anyone have any suggestion as to what can be done.  How can guest be rewarded for damages they caused ?

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Rhea27, Hope you are doing well!

Did you reach out to the guest or Airbnb Support team to take the damage claim further? 

Do keep us updated on how you dealt with this situation eventually!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines