evicting a guest

evicting a guest

I have a guest that failed to mention a 110 lb dog, to my no pet rule home.  When I spoke to airbnb, they said they would call her and ask her to leave.  She say's to them, Service dog, that's all.  Game over, for me.  My husband went there, and he knocked on door, this 110 lb dog jumped on the door, he thought the dog was going to break it, and was growling and barking at him.  The dog was taken upstairs, with my new expensive carpeting??  There cannot be a carte blanche  to Us the hosts, that own properties that cannot accomodate, pets such as these, is there nothing for us, that try and be above standard hosts, to maintain, community rules, and preserve their own major investment??  Also, airbnb, called her twice, has called me back 0, still waiting?  Any input from experienced hosts would be appreciated.  Thank you,  extremely worried host!

47 Replies 47
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mark116 

He looks gorgeous. I've never had a ginger cat, but I do love them. Is it true that all ginger cats are male?

Victoria1437
Level 2
Princeville, HI

They should be requesting a “reasonable accommodation” prior to bringing the dog in the home. 

Update to my orginal post in conversation on evicting a guest.  Service animal, that came to my no pet listing completely undisclosed by guest.  It became a serious safety issue.  Airbnb, say's we have to accomodate the service animal, they are leaving us open for all the liability, that this service animal in particular, could of caused, and did cause, which I strongly believe is no service animal to begin with.  But with airbnb's current policy, they are telling us no pet hosts, that we Have to accomodate "said pet", and accept all the liability, that goes with it?  This makes NO SENSE.  As I told the guest when this became an issue, this could have been avoided, 1 with disclosure, 2 there are many, many, pet friendly homes to chose from.  Why would anyone, a guest, or airbnb want to force their pet, their policy, on people's homes that are not pet friendly.  Does it not occur to anyone, that their may be valid reasons for no pet policies.