help

Margaret1133
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

help

I'm not sure what to leave and how much to leave , is it based on how long they stay.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Margaret1133 

Toiletpaper ? Bedlinen ? Food ? Fireplace wood ?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Margaret1133  Yes, of course it's based on the number of guests and the length of stay. 

You'd have to be more specific about what kind of things you are talking about.

But I don't understand- you've been hosting for awhile, you have 56 reviews. Surely you have been leaving supplies for your guests.  Are you talking about a long term rental and wondering what you need to provide?

Margaret1133
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

I have between 3 and 6 guests at a time, they stay from 2 to 8 days at a time and I guess what I am trying to ask is do i leave enough of everything for there whole stay, or at some point is there a limit , for instance i leave one pod and one softner sheet for the washer and dryer. 

@Margaret1133  Leaving enough for 1 wash for 6 people for 8 days sounds quite skimpy. I would expect that many people to average a wash every other day. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Margaret1133  It's really up to you, the key is to make it clear to the guests.  So if you are only leaving say enough for 2-3 days you want to say you're leaving a 'starter' set of TP, detergent, paper towels, etc.  or if you want to leave enough for a week, then say that.  We usually leave enough for about 5-6 days, and our max guest count is 4.  So we leave full roll of paper towels and 2-3 open rolls varied from 1/2 to 2/3 full, we leave 2-4 rolls of TP depending on how long, one box of tissues.  We leave about 3-4 dishwasher pods at a time to prevent them being taken.  We don't have a washer, but if I had a washer I would do the same, leave enough only for reasonable use, which you can vary, e.g. if a group is staying for 3 days they shouldn't need to do more than 2 loads at most, for a week, maybe 3/4 loads at most.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Margaret1133   We leave "starter" supplies.  For a 4 person cabin with one bath, that is 3 rolls of TP and a boutique tissue box, 1 new roll of paper towels, one new kitchen sponge, paper napkins in a basket.  We leave enough dishwasher tablets (about 15) and a similar number of washing machine detergent pods, a smallish bleach and a smallish softener bottle (which we refill from larger containers kept elsewhere).  8 oz. pump bottles of hand soap at each sink and dish soap in the kitchen.

We supply salt, pepper, assorted spices from other guests, oil, creamer packets, and coffee filters.  We do not supply any condiments, coffee or food products.

Our guests are told to bring their own personal body products.  We do not supply shampoo, conditioner toothbrushes, toothpaste or lotion. 

Starter supplies work well for every guest, regardless of the length of their stay.  We are a drive-to location with shopping nearby.