keycodes

keycodes

Hi, I am new to airbnb and I am about to have my 2nd guest arrive next week.  I am wondering if people regularly change the keycode on their unit or just use the same one.  I imagine if I had keys I would be giving out the same key, I wouldn't change the locks.  Curious what others do...

Thank you,

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Irene866 not changing the codes between guests is an invitation to trouble, as evidenced by multiple posts on this forum. (If you give out a physical key, presumably it is marked "do not duplicate" and you get it back at the end of the stay.)

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Irene866  As  @Lisa723 suggests I would most definitely be changing the code between guests. 

It helps to prevent all sorts of difficulties including early check in, guests popping back after checkout and potentially disrupting new guests, not to mention the obvious potential for burglary, theft etc.  

It only takes a few minutes at most.  

I personally  usually make the code the first 6 digits of the guests mobile  - the added bonus is it's easy for them to remember so unlocking is a breeze - they dont' have to scrabble about looking up the code

One of the best inventions ever IMO