"This message have been hidden...." (what do I do?)

Steve3189
Level 3
Bristow, VA

"This message have been hidden...." (what do I do?)

Like most of you, I get a bunch of messages from AIRBNB about the upcoming guests.  I did not get one about this Friday's guest.  I looked at the text chat and see a message that says "This message has been hidden because this user no longer has access to AIRBNB".   I don't know if they are coming or not.  I haven't received a cancellation.  What do I do?   

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Steve3189 

If Airbnb removed the user from the platform, they would have cancelled excisting reservations and inform the host about it. You need to contact Airbnb about this  reservation, they can cancel it if needed.

I'd rather they NOT cancel.  I called AirBNB.  They said there's a problem with the user's account (maybe put in the wrong email) so they said it was OK to call them.  So I did.  I'll report back with how this shakes out.

Steve3189
Level 3
Bristow, VA

Turns out, the guest's account was locked.  She wasn't getting my messages and didn't know.  The fact that AirBNB didn't tell me this so I could have looked into it earlier was a little upsetting but it solved now.  How stressful would it have been for her to show up and my message with the door codes never got to her.

AirBNB has a little flaw in the system