r emote control was taken by a guest

Robert5606
Level 2
Medford, OR

r emote control was taken by a guest

I just wrote a long history of the problem and tried to post it and it said an error occured

10 Replies 10
Robert5606
Level 2
Medford, OR

a guest  took my remote. admitted it in the Airbnb text section in box  and Airbnb never resolved it for me.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Robert5606 

What do you expect from Airbnb  regarding this ?

Did you made a claim  for damage ?

thanks Emiel1   I answered you and it failed to go.  "error number etc.

@Robert5606  Those errors happen a lot on this forum - it can be really frustrating. If you're writing a long message, I recommend copying it to your clipboard before hitting Post.

As for the remote...are you absolutely certain that the guest stole it from you? It isn't unheard of for a guest to abscond with a towel or a hair dryer, but a remote control for a specific device just doesn't make sense as a thing to take from a house. When this sort of thing goes missing, it usually turns out to have been in the house all along - check every crevice of your sofa, for example.

I can't imagine any useful way for Airbnb to intervene over an item of such insignificant value. The easiest thing to do here would be to just order a replacement and move on.

andrew ;he admitted he had taken by accident and would return it the week of Aug 23 and I have never heard from him again.  many requests to Airbnb and I got stonewalled.  I tried to explain it but the resolution center process is a series of boxes and if you situation doesn't fit in the box you get nowhere.  After airbnb told me  ORIGINALLY THAT they would resolve  if the guest didn't act within in 72 hours.  it never happened and Airbnb did nothing but tell me to fill out a form in the resolution center

@Robert5606 Actually, i think you were given the correct advice, although the agent might not have been super great at communicating it. Your first step would have been to go to https://airbnb.com/resolutions to initiate a request for the guest to pay you to replace an item (don't worry too much about the tickbox item being a precise fit).  If the guest accepts the charge, it's transferred to you right away. If 72 hours pass after sending the resolution request and you don't get an answer, that's when you have to get Airbnb involved and submit documentation (e.g. receipt for the new item). The mediation process can take several weeks.

This can be a maddeningly time-consuming process, with often disappointing results, so I'd generally only recommend it when there's a lot of money at stake. 

I sent a paragraph back answer to you and it didnt' send  an error  prevented it bob forrest

Robert5606
Level 2
Medford, OR

I just answered you and again it didn't post  my tel is **  its like why? 

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Robert5606 you should not post private info such as your telephone number here. The advice @Anonymous gave you is correct. At this point, if you did not file a claim in the resolution center within two weeks of check-out or before the next guest checked in (whichever came first) you are pretty much out of luck. Replace your remote and move on.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robert5606  It isn't worth faffing around with Airbnb for small missing items like this. Set aside a fund to replace inexpensive items and move on.

It's frustrating when people say they'll return things and don't, but that's just how it goes.

Other hosts here aren't going to call you or email you, so posting  that info here is poiintless and a security risk for you.